From: blancolioni@blancolioni.org (Fraser)
Subject: Re: What is the best Xwindow, window98 program to use frames with ada?
Date: 1999/12/11
Date: 1999-12-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

paene lacrimavi postquam Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> scripsit:

>Well GtkAda is the work of a dedicated group of volunteers, and
>is indeed a very nice piece of work (now fully supported by
>Ada Core Technologies for its customers). It is all open
>sourced free software, so there is no reason why you could
>not correct the state of affairs on MacOS. All it takes is
>one enthusiastic Mac person to invest the necessary effort,
>there is certainly no fundamental reason why it could not
>be successfully ported to MacOS.

Yeah, I know.  My post was really a vague fish -- I'd like to be able to
compile GtkAda stuff on my iBook [1] and my knowledge of the MacOS API is
somewhere in the region of zero.  Porting Gtk would have some interesting
challenges: the menu paradigm, to take an obvious example, is completely
different, and it would be nice to have Gtk applications on the Mac
looking like, well, like Mac applications.

Fraser.

[1] An astoundingly good-looking computer, which I highly recommend to
anybody who wants to be both stylish and productive.  The right clothes
help of course.

--
fraser 'at' whitelion 'dot' org