* failing to build gnatcoll on linux
@ 2011-09-05 14:10 Joel Reymont
From: Joel Reymont @ 2011-09-05 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Any suggestions on why this is happening? I have gnat-4.4 and gprbuild installed.

    Thanks, Joel

---

make
make LIBRARY_TYPE=static build_library_type
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/joelr/Work/gps/gnatlib'
gprbuild -m -j1 -XLIBRARY_TYPE=static -Pgnatcoll_build -p
creating auto.cgpr
gnatcoll.gpr:3:09: warning: no compiler specified for language "Ada", ignoring all its sources
gnatcoll_python.gpr:4:09: warning: no compiler specified for language "Ada", ignoring all its sources
gnatcoll_postgres.gpr:4:09: warning: no compiler specified for language "Ada", ignoring all its sources
gnatcoll_sqlite.gpr:4:09: warning: there are no C sources in this project
gnatcoll_tools.gpr:5:09: warning: there are no C sources in this project
gprlib gnatcoll_python.lexch
gprlib: no object files specified
gprbuild: could not build library for project gnatcoll_python
make[1]: *** [build_library_type] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/joelr/Work/gps/gnatlib'
make: *** [static] Error 2

* Re: failing to build gnatcoll on linux
@ 2011-09-05 14:37 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-09-05 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> writes:
> Any suggestions on why this is happening? I have gnat-4.4 and gprbuild
> installed.

to that bug if you want to be notified of any changes.

Apparently this is an unwelcome consequence of the ongoing transition to
multiarch support.  This bug does not affect Debian 6 "Squeeze" though;
only "testing" and "unstable".  It would be nice if Stephe could provide
a workaround, perhaps by patching the database of compilers known to
gprbuild?

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: failing to build gnatcoll on linux
@ 2011-09-06  1:12   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2011-09-06  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> writes:
>> Any suggestions on why this is happening? I have gnat-4.4 and gprbuild
>> installed.

> to that bug if you want to be notified of any changes.
>
> Apparently this is an unwelcome consequence of the ongoing transition to
> multiarch support.  This bug does not affect Debian 6 "Squeeze" though;
> only "testing" and "unstable".  It would be nice if Stephe could provide
> a workaround, perhaps by patching the database of compilers known to
> gprbuild?

Fixing gprbuild to use the multiarch paths is not hard; I'm currently
waiting on gnat 4.6 being promoted to the default compiler; I think
that's the gateway to uploading new versions of any Ada package.

--
-- Stephe