* Announcing JGNAT
@ 1999-12-03  0:00 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-12-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ada Core Technologies & ACT Europe

Announce

The first general release of JGNAT The Ada 95 Development
Environment for the Java Platform

New York & Paris, December 1, 1999

Ada Core Technologies and ACT Europe announce the first
general release of JGNAT, the Ada 95 Development Environment
for the Java Platform.  JGNAT is a port of the GNAT Ada 95
technology to the Java environment.  This work was partially
supported by the Ada Joint Program Office.

The JGNAT system comprises a compiler generating Java
bytecode that is compatible with Java virtual machines
conforming to Sun's standard (JDK 1.1 and above), and a set
of tools to aid in developing Ada programs for the Java
platform.  JGNAT supports the development of both
applications and applets.

JGNAT comes with a powerful tool called jvm2ada that serves
to automatically generate compatible Ada bindings for the
complete set of standardized Java API classes (and in fact
for any set of class files).  Programmers can use the full
Java API and Foundation Classes as well as write Java Bean
components in Ada and be assured that their code is fully
interoperable with the Java world and Java-enabled browsers.

Thanks to the JGNAT technology, the ubiquitous computing
paradigm that the internet is fostering (internet
appliances, home networking, ...)  can now leverage on GNAT
Ada 95 technology.

Ada's unique combination of object-oriented, high-level
real-time control and concurrency features, coupled with the
fundamental distinction between interface and implementation
allows building the feature-rich and highly reliable
applications required by ubiquitous computing systems.

For further information contact sales@gnat.com
sales@act-europe.fr

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Announcing JGNAT
@ 1999-12-03  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-12-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <828lhr$7bm$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> wrote:

> Ada Core Technologies & ACT Europe
>
> Announce
>
> The first general release of JGNAT The Ada 95 Development
> Environment for the Java Platform

When can we expect a public version of this to be available?

Also, the "Announcing GNAT for Java" link on the AdaCore website is
dead, as is the link directly under it.

--
T.E.D.

@ 1999-12-04  0:00   ` John Duncan
From: John Duncan @ 1999-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"John McCabe" <john@assen.demon.co.uk.nospam> wrote in message
> Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks to the JGNAT technology, the ubiquitous computing
> >paradigm that the internet is fostering (internet
> >appliances, home networking, ...)  can now leverage on GNAT
> >Ada 95 technology.
>
> Couldn't manage to get a few more funky buzz-words into this paragraph
> :-)

Yeah, I'd expect to see 'mission-critical' in there if Java is involved.
It's my favorite oxymoron builder.

-John

Other good oxymorons:

Mission-critical windows software
Mission-critical e-commerce applications
Mission-critical C++ development
Secure Linux

:)

* Re: Announcing JGNAT
@ 1999-12-04  0:00 ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 1999-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> wrote:

>Thanks to the JGNAT technology, the ubiquitous computing
>paradigm that the internet is fostering (internet
>appliances, home networking, ...)  can now leverage on GNAT
>Ada 95 technology.

Couldn't manage to get a few more funky buzz-words into this paragraph
:-)

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>