* common GNAT compile errors - adaerror.msg (0/1)
@ 1999-12-04  0:00 Noam Kloos
From: Noam Kloos @ 1999-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello...
I installed Gnat-3.10-p on redhet linux hedwig..
It compiles and links ok, but the executables generate a core dump.

I attachted the error message..
I hope sincerely sombody will help me out on this..
These error s are quite familliar to me I only dont know how to fix
it.

Regards,
Noam Kloos.

* Re: common GNAT compile errors - adaerror.msg (0/1)
@ 1999-12-04  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Noam Kloos <noam@interspective.nl> wrote in message
> Hello...
> I installed Gnat-3.10-p on redhet linux hedwig..
> It compiles and links ok, but the executables generate a core dump.
>
> I attachted the error message..
> I hope sincerely sombody will help me out on this..
> These error s are quite familliar to me I only dont know how to fix
> it.
Unfortunately, this is insufficient information for us to help.

We need to know what version of Linux, and what version and
distribution of the compiler you're using.

There are several distributions of gnat for Linux floating around,
the public version from Ada Core Technologies, and some other
"volunteer" distributions.

Incidentally, 3.10 is more than two years old -- 3.12p is out now,
and I'd recommend you upgrade.

Also be aware that the proper version of gnat to use can depend on
which version of libc/glibc you're using.

you might want to check out the web site
http://www.gnuada.org/

* Re: common GNAT compile errors - adaerror.msg (0/1)
@ 1999-12-10  0:00 ` Niche
From: Niche @ 1999-12-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Noam Kloos wrote:

> Hello...
> I installed Gnat-3.10-p on redhet linux hedwig..
> It compiles and links ok, but the executables generate a core dump.
>
> I attachted the error message..
> I hope sincerely sombody will help me out on this..
> These error s are quite familliar to me I only dont know how to fix
> it.
>
> Regards,
> Noam Kloos.

Hello. I'm running Red Hat 6.0 with gnat 3.12p and de gcc of this
package. It is 2.8.1 I think. And at the minimum error ( like constraint
error) the program crashes and puts the message "segmentation fault" and
a core file.
But on other linux in the university the program stops with
constraint_error.

--
NICHE                          |
niche@elrancho.com           __|__