From: sidney_bhaiji@hotmail.com (Sidney Bhaiji)
Subject: Newbie question: input problem
Date: 9 Apr 2002 19:13:13 -0700
Date: 2002-04-10T02:13:14+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,
   I have the following problem...
Consider the following lines of code....

Option: Integer;
strName, strAddress: String(1..50);
length_In, length_In2: Integer;

Put_Line("Please enter an integer according to what you want to do");
Get(Option, 1);New_Line;

if (Option = 3) then
   Put_Line("Please enter your name");
   Get(strName, length_In); New_Line;
   Put_Line("Please enter your address");
   Get(strAddress, length_In2);

The problem is that after I put the integer in and push enter
(Please enter your name) but then before I could enter the name, the
prompt for address is outputted, the get(strName..) is completely
skipped.  I have tried several things and can't get this to work.
What am I doing wrong?? I'm thinking that the problem might be with
the get option, such that it is grabbing too many characters, b/c when
that line is commented out and i hardcord in the option number
everything works as it should. The problem is not w/ the New_Line
after the Get(strName...) I have tried playing around w/ this, its
omission makes no difference.

Example of output....
Please enter an option
3
Please enter your name        --wrong! i did not get to input the
name!!!
Please enter your address