* ada and rest services
@ 2013-03-15 16:43 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2013-03-15 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Does anyone have any examples of an Ada rest service. I am trying to get an ada server communicating with an android device, any comments or ideas to help with that I would be grateful for.

* Re: ada and rest services
@ 2013-03-15 16:59 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2013-03-15 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

>  Does anyone have any examples of an Ada rest service.  I am trying to
>get an ada server communicating with an android device, any comments or
>ideas to help with that I would be grateful for.
   What is a "rest service"?
I have an Ada program communicating with Javascript on an Android (et al)
using WebSockets.  What do you want?

* Re: ada and rest services
@ 2013-03-15 17:32   ` Simon Clubley
From: Simon Clubley @ 2013-03-15 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-03-15, tmoran@acm.org <tmoran@acm.org> wrote:
>>  Does anyone have any examples of an Ada rest service.  I am trying to
>>get an ada server communicating with an android device, any comments or
>>ideas to help with that I would be grateful for.
>    What is a "rest service"?

I think the OP is talking about the REST architecture. I see Wikipedia has
a write-up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representational_state_transfer

Simon.

* Re: ada and rest services
@ 2013-03-16 19:58   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2013-03-16 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, 15 March 2013 16:59:13 UTC, tmo...@acm.org  wrote:
> >  Does anyone have any examples of an Ada rest service.  I am trying to
>
> >get an ada server communicating with an android device, any comments or
>
> >ideas to help with that I would be grateful for.
>
>    What is a "rest service"?
>
> I have an Ada program communicating with Javascript on an Android (et al)
>
> using WebSockets.  What do you want?

I would  be very interested to see the javascript and the ada code for that if you are ok with that please!

* Re: ada and rest services
@ 2013-03-17 18:52     ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2013-03-17 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> I have an Ada program communicating with Javascript on an Android (et al)
>> using WebSockets.
>
> I would be very interested to see the javascript and the ada code for
>that if you are ok with that please!

I emailed you speed2.zip, containing a little test program "speed2.htm"
and "speed2.adb", and "websoc.ad?", the important part of the websockets
communicator.

speed2 is a little test program that times the transfer of a 160K image
and displays that on a scrolling graph on the browser, presumed to be a
smartphone.  It lets you walk around and watch how distance or obstacles
change the effective WiFi data transfer rate.

The Ada code uses Claw.Sockets (www.rrsoftware.com) and SHA
(www.cc.utah.edu/~nahaj/).  It also uses my packages tty_out and log, to
log what's happening on the PC side.

* Re: ada and rest services
@ 2013-03-19 14:18       ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2013-03-19 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sunday, 17 March 2013 18:52:13 UTC, tmo...@acm.org  wrote:
> >> I have an Ada program communicating with Javascript on an Android (et al)
>
> >> using WebSockets.
>

> > I would be very interested to see the javascript and the ada code for
>
> >that if you are ok with that please!
>

> I emailed you speed2.zip, containing a little test program "speed2.htm"
>
> and "speed2.adb", and "websoc.ad?", the important part of the websockets
>
> communicator.
>

> speed2 is a little test program that times the transfer of a 160K image
>
> and displays that on a scrolling graph on the browser, presumed to be a
>
> smartphone.  It lets you walk around and watch how distance or obstacles
>
> change the effective WiFi data transfer rate.
>

> The Ada code uses Claw.Sockets (www.rrsoftware.com) and SHA
>
> (www.cc.utah.edu/~nahaj/).  It also uses my packages tty_out and log, to
>
> log what's happening on the PC side.

Thanks. Taking a look.