From: ametayer98@hotmail.com (annabelle)
Subject: beginner ada generic fonction
Date: 22 Mar 2002 17:37:17 -0800
Date: 2002-03-23T01:37:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

I was given a spec(ADS)using genericity. I have to use the function
"TheKey" (see below)

GENERIC
  TYPE Element_type IS Private
  Key_type IS Private;

  WITH Function TheKey (my_item : Element_type) Return Key_type;

  WITH Function "<"  (Left,Right: Key_type) Return Boolean;

I am trying to use the function "TheKey" in my ADA program but I need
to use the function for TWO different type of elements !!!

	function TheKey(My_item: a_course) return Course_key_type is

	begin
		Return My_item.course_key;
	end lacle;

How can I use the same function for another type (a_student)??

Please HELP !!!