From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: null range from 1 element discrete type
Date: 1999/11/22
Date: 1999-11-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3835D5A0.F906D31D@mitre.org>,
  "Robert I. Eachus" <eachus@mitre.org> wrote:
> Since you always want a null range try:  T'Val(1) ..
> T'Val(0)  Since
> 'Val returns the base type of T, as long as the base type of T
> contains at least one bit you are safe.
>
> --
>
>                                         Robert I. Eachus

How an this possibly be any better than T'Last .. T'First, which
also doesn't work, as the original question notes!

Robert, the whole POINT of this question is how to get something
that works when T only has one element. Your suggestion will
of course raise CE in this case.

There is no solution that works generally.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.