* Re: Gnat 3.12 and GCC 2.95
@ 1999-11-19  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-11-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <38359C2A.D80F50C5@worldnet.fr>,
  Stephane Carrez <stcarrez@worldnet.fr> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does anybody know if Gnat 3.12 has been ported to GCC 2.95?

GNAT 3.12 is not compatible with GCC 2.95, and a lot of work
would be required to build a version of 3.12 with this version
of GCC. Furthermore it would not work well, there are a
significant number of GCC bugs that are fixed in the Ada
Core patched version of GCC 2.8.1 that are not yet fixed
in GCC 2.95.

The plan is that everything will be merged for GCC 3.0, and
at that point GNAT will be compatible with the new GCC 3.0.
Richard Kenner has merged most of the GCC 2.8.1 stuff into
the new GCC tree, so we are getting nearer to this point.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Gnat 3.12 and GCC 2.95
@ 1999-11-19  0:00 Stephane Carrez
From: Stephane Carrez @ 1999-11-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Does anybody know if Gnat 3.12 has been ported to GCC 2.95?

Last time I've tried, it failed even after following the
README.gnat (probably too old since it talks about Gnat 3.10 and
egcs-980308....)

If someone has patches for this, I would appreciate them.

Thanks,
	Stephane

         Home                               Office
E-mail: stcarrez@worldnet.fr               Stephane.Carrez@sun.com
WWW:    http://home.worldnet.fr/stcarrez   http://www.sun.com
Mail:   17, rue Foucher Lepelletier        6, avenue Gustave Eiffel
        92130 Issy Les Moulineaux          78182 Saint Quentin en Yvelines
        France