From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Ada computer project HELP
Date: 1999/11/18
Date: 1999-11-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <811bsj$r0$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  amanda_laumb@my-deja.com wrote:
> In article <8118gs$u02$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> NO, we have done work on it already.  We just can't figure out how to
> replace the ****** with the letters as the player guesses the word.
> that's what we need help with.

Ahh. You you mean in your internal buffers, or on the screen?

If the former, a hint would be to look into the Ada.Strings.* packages.

If the latter, there is no standard package with Ada for moving the
cursor around on the screen. Since this assignment is probably not about
learning cursor manipulation techniqies, I'd suggest you just output
enough newlines to scroll the current contents of the screen off, then
rewrite everything. But what is and is not acceptable and what
techniques your instructor envisioned using to do this would best be
asked of them.

I hope this helps.

--
T.E.D.