From: "Andrew" <mysig@fast.net>
Subject: Re: ada in australia, to the mystery emailer
Date: 1999/11/16
Date: 1999-11-17T04:10:04+00:00	[thread overview]

Regarding Comanche: current system lacks full armament and various sensor
suites. When it's all said and done Comanche will be more s/w intensive then
F-22. Just wait and see. :-)
But as with all military programs it's the politicians who control what gets
done :-(

Armored First 3 I heard is terrible. Go to www.cdmag.com and check out the
Strategy forum. People don't like it. Since Comanche 4 also uses Voxel it
may be in the same boat. That would stink.
Andrew

"G" <Dizzy@interact.net.au> wrote in message

> Andrew wrote:
>
> > Comanche software is written in Ada. And yes it is complex and it's
going to
> > get more complex. It's going to be awesome. Actually, Comanche avionics
is
> > complex than F-22s. Helicopter is much harder to fly then a plane.
> >
> > Comanche 3 (Novalogic) is pretty cool.
> >

> I underwrote the F22 sloc there - a mis-spelling.. should have been
several
> hundred thousand more lines of code than the Comanche quote.  At the time
of the
> graph i saw.
>
> I do suppose that this sort of project - that is, the Rah-66 as a modular,
> versatile and extensible system - it is obviously ideal for what I little
> understand of Ada.  I do gather that Ada was tailored to suit large-scale
> systems design and the modularity of the language (what I am calling
object
> oriented stuff and packages, etc. for lack of better understanding) is
obviously
> perfect for extensibility.
>
> From what I can gather from the documentation, the rah66 is designed such
that
> it will be able to assimilate and incorporate maturing and new
technologies when
> and if they arise.
> A flexible system would obviously help there...
>
> Novalogic ::= I play the 3 version but the 4 version is coming out now.
They
> have (apparently) improved the Voxelspace technology for more fluid and
> realistic environment
> and physics.  I was even trying to download the Armored Fist 3 version but
once
> I tried to install it I found that 166 Mhz don't do the deed for the
program - I
> needed a 233 and 64 meg RAM, where I only have 32 - you would think people
might
> mention such things in their download pages, before I proceed with a
marathon
> international 27 megabytes over a standard modem phone line download
hassle
> thing.  Bitch of a thing coz I can not get the new versions of the game.
*sigh*