* Re: New Analysis Tool for Ada95
@ 1999-11-15  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article
<DB46AE8523D6D211978B0060B01AACB3DC1252@bpexchange.dcscorp.com>,
  comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org wrote:
> improvements to our product.  For those who were unable to attend, DCS
> introduced a new technology - AdaSTAT-  a static analysis tool for Ada
> 95 built upon ASIS.  It calculates functional and object-oriented
> metrics, and checks Ada 95 source code for violations of coding
> restrictions (e.g. the HRG guidelines).  The functional metrics

Out of curiosity, how many compilers does this currently support? Gnat
is the only ASIS compiler I know of.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: New Analysis Tool for Ada95
@ 1999-11-15  0:00   ` Samuel T. Harris
From: Samuel T. Harris @ 1999-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ted Dennison wrote:

> In article
> <DB46AE8523D6D211978B0060B01AACB3DC1252@bpexchange.dcscorp.com>,
>   comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org wrote:
> > improvements to our product.  For those who were unable to attend, DCS
> > introduced a new technology - AdaSTAT-  a static analysis tool for Ada
> > 95 built upon ASIS.  It calculates functional and object-oriented
> > metrics, and checks Ada 95 source code for violations of coding
> > restrictions (e.g. the HRG guidelines).  The functional metrics
>
> Out of curiosity, how many compilers does this currently support? Gnat
> is the only ASIS compiler I know of.

Rational Apex has supported ASIS for years.

--
Samuel T. Harris, Principal Engineer
Raytheon, Scientific and Technical Systems

* New Analysis Tool for Ada95
@ 1999-11-15  0:00 Pritchett, William "Bill"
From: Pritchett, William "Bill" @ 1999-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org', TEAM-ADA

I would like to thank everyone who attended the DCS AdaSTAT reception at
this year's SIGAda conference for your time and  valuable suggestions for
improvements to our product.  For those who were unable to attend, DCS
introduced a new technology - AdaSTAT-  a static analysis tool for Ada 95
built upon ASIS.  It calculates functional and object-oriented metrics, and
checks Ada 95 source code for violations of coding restrictions (e.g. the
HRG guidelines).  The functional metrics include various source lines of
code counts, Halstead measures, McCabe complexity, and maintainability
index.  The OO measures include depth of inheritance, no. attributes, no.
operations, no. class-wide operations, class coupling and class cohesion.
For more information on AdaSTAT, or if you are interested in becoming a beta
test site, please contact me at the email address below.

Bill Pritchett
AdaSTAT Development Manager
wpritche@dcscorp.com

From: Pritchett, William "Bill" @ 1999-11-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org'

Currently we only support GNAT, however, in the future we plan to support
every compiler which implements ASIS.

Bill Pritchett
DCS Corporation

@ 1999-11-16  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-11-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <80pedi$9fh$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, how many compilers does this currently
> support? Gnat is the only ASIS compiler I know of.

You need to update your data base. While GNAT may have been the
first compiler to implement the new Ada 95 ASIS spec, it is now
joined by several others, including Aonix and Rational, so ASIS
has indeed arrived as a compiler independent interface for
Ada 95 compilers.

I believe that GNAT is still the only compiler that implements
the Data Definition Annex, but this is an optional section of
the standard.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies