* Re: Which companies use ADA in Montreal ?
@ 1999-11-13  0:00 ` MICHEL LOUVET
From: MICHEL LOUVET @ 1999-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Presently, I'm searching for a software engineer job in a company
>developping with ADA in Montreal (Quebec, Canada).
>
>I'm very grateful to anyone for sending me an ADA using company list in
>Montreal.

In Quebec, actually, no company is developing Ada software, although
Oerlikon Aerospace at Saint-Jean sur Richelieu has already used Ada for
their laser's guided missile launcher vehicle.  But, by chance, no one
through the world is really using this vehicle, so no more development or
maintenance might be expected.

SNC-IT also were developing a few small programs with Ada, for Canadian
defense, but I think they are now using C++ since Ada in no further more a
military requirement.
CAE Electronique which should be the only one to have interest to use Ada,
have upgraded their FORTRAN flight simulator software language with the
simple C

But who cares, a flight simulator shall never crash...

Nevertheless, Montreal has good opportunities for multimedia software
developments, and to complete it, an international electronic commerce
center is going to be created in the same area. isn't it?

The main actual Canadian Ada software development projects are:
 - the international space station (MDA, Richmond, BC)
 - Canadian Air Traffic Control System (Raytheon, Richmond, BC)

All the others are from the USA, UK, France, etc....

Good luck

Michel Louvet, P Eng

* Re: Which companies use ADA in Montreal ?
@ 1999-11-13  0:00   ` DuckE
From: DuckE @ 1999-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> In Quebec, actually, no company is developing Ada software, although
> Oerlikon Aerospace at Saint-Jean sur Richelieu has already used Ada for
> their laser's guided missile launcher vehicle.  But, by chance, no one
> through the world is really using this vehicle, so no more development or
> maintenance might be expected.

Wow.  Quebec must be much smaller than I thought.
First it is suprising to hear that not even one company in Quebec is using
Ada.
And second it is suprising to hear that anyone would "know" that not
even one company is using Ada ;-)

* Which companies use ADA in Montreal ?
@ 1999-11-13  0:00 Didier WILLAME
From: Didier WILLAME @ 1999-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

Presently, I'm searching for a software engineer job in a company
developping with ADA in Montreal (Quebec, Canada).

I'm very grateful to anyone for sending me an ADA using company list in
Montreal.

Have a nice week-end.

--
Didier WILLAME, M. Sc.
Software Engineering / Mathematics

do not send me unsolicited commercial, political, or religious
e-mail.

* Re: Which companies use ADA in Montreal ?
@ 1999-11-14  0:00     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-11-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <382e3678.0@news.pacifier.com>,
  "DuckE" <nospam_steved@pacifier.com> wrote:
> And second it is suprising to hear that anyone would "know"
> that not even one company is using Ada ;-)

Especially since such technical details are often considered
to be confidential. We have quite a few customers who are
using Ada, but specifically do not want this (or any other
tecnnical details of their projects) publicized.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Which companies use ADA in Montreal ?
@ 1999-11-14  0:00     ` Michel Louvet
From: Michel Louvet @ 1999-11-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Wow.  Quebec must be much smaller than I thought.
> First it is suprising to hear that not even one company in Quebec is using
> Ada.

Indeed, it's all the Canada which might be much more smaller than you are
thinking:
there are so few Canadian engineers involved into Ada language, that most of
the engineers working in Canada, (in the main canadian Ada software projects),
are originated from all the others parts of the world (UK, USA, Asia, India,
France, Australia, Ireland, ...).

Obviously, these engineers will prefer to work where it's raining a lot (the
west canadian coast) instead of where it's not raining so much, ....
but snowing a lot (the Qu�bec)

Michel Louvet, P Eng.
Richmond, BC, but originated from the raining, raining, so raining Normandy
http://www.cam.net/~mlouvet/