* Re: Confusing language, was Re: Help help.. please.i am totaly n
@ 1999-11-13  0:00 Wilhelm Spickermann
       [not found] ` <01bf2e86$10250460$022a6282@dieppe>
From: Wilhelm Spickermann @ 1999-11-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 976 bytes --]

On 12-Nov-99 Robert Dewar wrote:

..

>    ISO_Date      : constant Picture_String := "%Y/%m/%d";
>    US_Date       : constant Picture_String := "%m/%d/%y";
>    European_Date : constant Picture_String := "%d/%m/%y";
..

I�ve seen this "European_Date" only two times in my life before(this
year, in e-mails from the united states to my company, leading to
some confusion about the date meant). Two slashes are recognized in
many parts of Europe as indicating US dates.

AFAIK the ISO-Date (ISO/R2014-1971) uses the minus-character
("1980-05-15" or "80-05-15").

Here is a little collection of european dates from some books (no
guarantee given):
"15.5.80". Finland, Germany, Sweden, Turkey
"15-5-80"  France, Italy, Portugal, Tchekia, Slovakia, Greece
"15-5-�80" "15-5-1980" Netherlands
"15. V 80" Croatia, Serbia
"15. V. 80" Poland, Romania, Czechia, Slovakia
"15-V-1980" France
"15/5-80" Norway
"15/5 80" Sweden
"1980. V. 15" Hungary
"15)5)1980" Greece

Wilhelm

* Re: Confusing language, was Re: Help help.. please.i am totaly n
@ 1999-11-16  0:00 Wilhelm Spickermann
From: Wilhelm Spickermann @ 1999-11-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)