From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: ADA Development.
Date: 1999/11/11
Date: 1999-11-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <80f2v2$d2n$1@gxsn.com>,
  "Adam David Moss" <admoss@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:
> I am a student looking to learn ADA.  Can anyone point me in the
> direction of a company that provides students with free ADA
> development tools for the NT / Win9x platform?

OK, first off for all you c.l.a. regulars out there, let's *please* not
go off on another silly tangent about the one true meaning of the word
"free". It should be pertty clear to everyone that this student is
talking about cost and not liberty.

You have two options for Win32-Intel platforms. One is the "Special
Edition" version of Aonix's ObjectAda, which you can download from their
website at http://www.aonix.com . It has a fairly sophisticated GUI IDE.
It is somewhat "crippled" in that it has a limit on the amount of code
that it will compile. But it should be fine for student projects.

The other option is the public edition of Gnat. It can be downloaded
from http://www.gnat.com (click on the "Students Click Here" link). It
is not crippled in any way, unless you count the ad for Ada Core
Technologies that gets spit out by the binder sometimes. But its IDE is
currently a fair bit more primitive. It is also an Open Source product,
if that makes a difference to you.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/