From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Pragma Comment -- What does it do?
Date: 1999/11/10
Date: 1999-11-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <19991110154624.8876.rocketmail@web210.mail.yahoo.com>,
  comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org wrote:
> Does anyone know what do the following pragmas do?
>
> 1. Pragma Comment
> I see it inside some code, and it compiles fine,
> but it appears nowhere else thereafter.
> So I wonder, if its just a line inside the source,
> why dont I just have a comment line -- to begin with?

The language defines no such pragma. Consult your compiler documentation
to see what they do with it. Since unrecognized pragmas are ignored, its
quite possible that this is just someone's gooberish way of commenting
their code. If so, please do change it to a *real* comment.

> 2. Pragma Elaborate
The LRM goes over this in detail. (
http://www.adahome.com/rm95/rm9x-10-02-01.html ) Is there something
about the definition you are having trouble with?

> I see it in some package specifications(Ada designers
> goofed up when they didnt include the word SPEC in
> a specification package, but they did inlcude the word
> BODY in the package body - but thats another story),
> but if I remove it, then everything compiles just as well.
> So far it doesnt matter if its there or not...

Hmmm. I detect a Modula bias here. :-)   Personally I like the fact that
we don't have to spell out "specification", as my spelling is horrible.
Even I have trouble misspelling "body".

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/