From: khan@xraylith.wisc.edu (Mumit Khan)
Subject: Re: Profiling tool under WinNT ?
Date: 1999/11/08
Date: 1999-11-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <382160BD.7F415C4C@alcatel.fr>,
Herv� BITTEUR <Herve.Bitteur@alcatel.fr> wrote:
>Thank you for your answer. However, I received rather inconsistent informations
>about whether or not there is a working version of gprof for windows NT.
>A careful reading of your answer tells me that there should be one.
>Since GNAT now uses Mingw, I need a Mingw gprof. Is there an already built
>version somewhere ? (I'm looking for a free version, sigh). Or should I try to
>build it on my own ? Where could I get the needed source material ?

I've uploaded the latest Mingw runtime sources (and prebuilt binaries for
both CRTDLL and MSVCRT versions) that include the profiling support code
gcrt?.o and libgmon.a.

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/runtime/

You want the 1999-11-07 version.

If you don't have a gprof.exe binary for native windows32, then you can
use the one in:

ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/ports/gprof-exe.zip

You'll certainly need to add a few bits to the GCC specs file to add -pg
support, but that's pretty trivial.

Please understand that I in no way suport this for anything other than
folks using *my* GCC distribution. I doubt if I will have the time to
answer questions regarding usage, compiling, installation, ... sorry.

Regards,
Mumit