From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.not.jrcarter@acm.not.spam.org>
Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling Ada to Netware with GNAT
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 04:33:07 GMT
Date: 2006-03-23T04:33:07+00:00	[thread overview]

darrylbleau@gmail.com wrote:
> I've only been researching Ada for about a month in my spare time, but
> everyplace I read can't stop talking about how portable it is, so I'm
> thinking there must be an easy way to make this work, I'm just not sure
> how. I did read about compiling a compiler on the target platform
> itself and using this to compile programs with, is that the direction I
> should be taking instead of cross compiling? Though it would seem that
> you should be able to cross compile to any gcc supported platform (of
> which Netware is). In any event, I'm at a bit of a loss, can anyone
> help?

The portability mentioned is usually of the sort that one can easily write
programs that work on any platform with an Ada compiler, not the sort that there
are compilers for every platform, though there are compilers for most.

I suspect there's probably a fairly easy way to get a version of GNAT that will
produce output suitable for nlmconv, but as a last resort you could look into a
compiler that generates C as its intermediate language, such as the one from
Sofcheck:

http://www.sofcheck.com/products/adamagic.html

--
Jeff Carter