From: "Jeff Creem" <jeff@thecreems.com>
Subject: Re: C 2 ada
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:49:07 GMT
Date: 2001-03-11T20:49:07+00:00	[thread overview]

> I have tried to compile the code under cygwin and everything goes fine,
> but there are two libs libdl.a and libnsl.a which are not available.

Well..You may not need the nsl library. I suspect all of the symbols from
that library are
present in other cygwin libraries...I am not sure about the libdl.

If you remove those as library links what do  you get as undefined symbols?
Perhaps we can
work if from that side to determine what different libraries to use. It
would be good if you could
get that working on win32 even if it is only under the very cool cygwin
stuff.

That being said, I do have the same concern (perhaps worse) for an automatic
translation of code
from C to Ada as I would for Ada to C. I suspect the code is not going to be
all that maintainable..

If all else fails you could install Linux and dual boot to convert source
code...A little yucky but probably workable.