From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Excessive quoting (was: What Mac developers think of Ada !)
Date: 1999/11/02
Date: 1999-11-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7vmjde$olr$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:

> messages. It is a prevalent disease throughout usenet, and
> apparently the result of a flood of relatively new users
> who either don't know the conventions or (hard to believe
> but true in some cases) don't know how to do partial quoting.

It is enough to make one pine for the days of "fascist" newsreaders that
refused to post anything with more quoted material than new text or with
a signature more than 3 lines long.

These days I don't think newsreader authors care at all about
helping Usenet itself. For instance, with the Deja interface, the entry
window is so small that its quite easy to accidentally post a ton of
irrelevent quoted text (sigh).

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/