* Package Problem
@ 1999-10-27  0:00 David Starner
From: David Starner @ 1999-10-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've got a problem with nested packages. I'm using Mat Webb's Components,
which has a generic package in it, with a package inside, like:

generic
package large_integer is
    package Variable_Length_Operations
    private
end package

and a package, large_integer_handler, which just instatates large_integer
with reasonable values.

In my program, I have
with large_integer_handler; use large_integer_handler;
with large_integer_handler.variable_length_operations;
use large_integer_handler.variable_length_operations;

But that doesn't work. GNAT complains about not finding
large_integer_handler-variable_length_operations.ads. How do I access that
inner package?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org

* Re: Package Problem
@ 1999-10-27  0:00 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 1999-10-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The problem is with the "with" clause

with large_integer_handler.variable_length_operations;

This clause implies that there is a library unit named
large_integer_handler.variable_length_operations, which is not the case.
Just cut the "with" clause and move the "use" clause to the declarative
part.