From: "Thierry Lelegard" <lelegard@club-internet.fr>
Subject: Re: Combinding Ada and Java?
Date: 1999/10/26
Date: 1999-10-26T20:52:31+00:00	[thread overview]

Apart from this discussion, a German company presented
an interesting combination of Ada and Java at SIGAda
last week.

They implemented their core applications in Ada, acting
as CORBA servers and the GUI's in Java applets, acting as
CORBA clients.

The two ORB's were from different vendors, on different
operating systems and they reported that the whole
system went fine.

I find that combination quite elegant. It isolates both
worlds using CORBA as a "glue" which has standardized
bindings (or should I say "mappings") in both languages.

By the way, I found that CORBA is quite attractive in
Ada 95 and quite easy to use (although I did not
experienced it yet). I briefly used CORBA V1 in 1995/96
but with the C mappings and all I remember is a
horrible mess. Another "C vs Ada" argument.
Thierry Lelegard, Paris, France
E-mail: lelegard@club-internet.fr