From: mitch@nospam
Subject: what does preelaborated package mean?
Date: 1999/10/26
Date: 1999-10-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

hi Ada experts,

I am studying gnat code, and I see it says in few places that this
package is 'preelaborated' followed by "can thus be with'ed by
preelaborated library units".

what exactly does this mean? I know what elaboration means, which is
done at run time. So, a package that is 'preelaborated', when does
this happen? and if this is a good thing, why not do everything like
that?

thanks,
mitch.