From: Ehud Lamm <mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il>
Subject: Re: hashtable in ada
Date: 1999/10/25
Date: 1999-10-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7uutve$8ii$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <dewar@gnat.com> wrote:

> All binary releases of GNAT always include all the sources of
> the run-time library. Of course all the sources for the whole
> of GNAT are available, but our viewpoint is that many many
> users will find the sources of the run-time useful (indeed I
> really can't see how it is tolerable to have pieces of your
> program be black boxes for which you do not have the source),
> so if you have GNAT on your system, you already have the sources
> of all the run-time, including all the g-*.ads sources.
>
> The need for the sources of the compiler itself is more
> specialialized, which is why the are packaged separately.

I completly agree with this decision. It is very helpful to have these source
files, and also the very nice gnat pacakge g-*. Thanks for writing and
sharing them!

These package, aside from being useful in their own right, show many
interesting techniques. I suggest anyone who really wants to learn the
language, read them. (hint, hint...)

--
Ehud Lamm mslamm@mscc.huji.ac.il
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/ehudlamm