From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: 32 bit integer multiply routine
Date: 1999/10/18
Date: 1999-10-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <38025D76.37AD9D5A@collins.rockwellDOTcom>,
  jeanne <jledward@collins.rockwellDOTcom> wrote:
> I am trying to write a low level 32 bit integer multiply
routine.  I
> would entertain any suggestions.  Because 32 bits is the
largest system
> integer type, I need a way to deal with the overflow.  If
there is any
> canned routines or algorithms available I would appreciate you
pointing
> me to the right place.  Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Jeanne

Just look at the s-arit64.ads/adb package in GNAT used for
64-bit multiplication with overflow detection, This should
be trivial to adapt for your purpose (the adaptation will
be covered by the GMGPL, but that should not cause you any
difficulties in usage).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.