From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: creating folders and sub folders
Date: 1999/10/15
Date: 1999-10-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <7u7acg$2f3$1@minus.oleane.net>,
  "Sybs ALHABSHI" <sybs@htsavoie.com> wrote:
> Are you all congratulating me for being the first bloke to have
> asked a questioned already raised in this group ?  People who master
> such an elegant language as Ada should perhaps find an elegant manner
> to deal with this problem, if this is a problem and if there is indeed
> an eternal way in dealing with the problem. The best way to cope with

The typcial usenet way of dealing with this situation is to put the
frequently asked question in a Frequently Asked Question list (FAQ),
then just point the requestor to the FAQ.

The problem is that our FAQ maintainer put an exclusive copyright to
himself on the FAQ, then quit maintaining it. This issue is now being
worked. But in the meantime we have the current unfortunate situation
where someone who asks a FAQ is liable to either get exasperated answers
or, if everyone is feeling especially civil, no answer at all.

Anyway the "problem" is hopefully a temporary one. In the meantime new
readers here should run their questions through the deja search engine
(at http://www.deja.com/home_ps.shtml ). This is actually better than a
FAQ, but also a fair bit more work.

--
T.E.D.