From: "Sybs ALHABSHI" <sybs@htsavoie.com>
Subject: Re: creating folders and sub folders
Date: 1999/10/15
Date: 1999-10-15T13:32:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

Are you all congratulating me for being the first bloke to have asked a
questioned already raised in this group ?  People who master such an elegant
language as Ada should perhaps find an elegant manner to deal with this
problem, if this is a problem and if there is indeed an eternal way in
dealing with the problem. The best way to cope with a question already
answsred, as far as I am concered, is to it. It takes you ten seconds to
open the message, decide to reply or to not, and get on with your life. When
I didn't get any reply in the begining, I thought I've raised a problem ada
programmers can't handle. Luckily Nick replied to save my confidence in this
group.

Can't a question already answered a year back find new answers today ?  If
Ada programmers are incapable of imagination and progress, then maybe it's
worthwhile that this community work on a  program that scans a message for
already answered questions, generate a robotic reply and block it from being
published. Shall we now waste more time to meditate on the question "To
answer or not to answer". Will newcomers be invited to meditate on the
question "To ask or not to ask." prior to requesting for some good advise ?
Isn't that now the question ?

If every ada programmer use the same words to explain the same concepts in
answering the same questions then I fear for the future of Ada. But we are
not robots are we ? We are humain being with a spiritual dimension, and Ada
is merely a tool. So how else do you  propose to promote an elegant spirit
in this community that matches the elegance of your language if you start
cursing a newcomer for asking a question already raised ?

Telling me it's already raised and pointing to where I can get the answers
is good. Mailing me a sample of code for analysis is better. Giving YOUR
point of view is excellent, because that's what I'm looking for. I suppose
this community is wealthy in knowledge. Some of you are excellent
programmers, others are excellent teachers and I won't expect all these
qualities to fit in everyone in this community or this is heaven. I'm sorry
if my questions irritate you. You now know my name. You can avoid all my
future messages. But I'm still sorrier for the impression it may give to
other newcomers who hope to find in this newsgroup a wide array of
approaches in dealing with a problem.

If I grant that cursing is one approach, will you agree that it's not the
best ?

Sybs