* ANNOUNCE: PolyORB available in Debian
@ 2010-02-17 17:54 Reto Buerki
From: Reto Buerki @ 2010-02-17 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm proud to announce that the PolyORB middleware library has been
accepted in the Debian testing distribution and will be part of the next
Debian stable release "Squeeze" [1].

I would like to thank the co-maintainers Xavier Grave and Ludovic Brenta
for their excellent work and support during the packaging process.

PolyORB provides an uniform solution to build distributed applications;
relying either on industrial-strength middleware standards such as
CORBA, the Distributed System Annex of Ada 95, distribution programming
paradigms such as Web Services, Message Oriented Middleware (MOM), or to
implement application-specific middleware.

The following application personalities are currently supported by the
Debian package:
  * CORBA
  * DSA
  * MOMA

Please feel free to test the package and report possible problems
directly to the Debian Bug Tracking System (BTS) [2].

For those who would like to experiment with the PolyORB package without
installing Debian testing or unstable can use the unofficial i386, amd64
backport packages for Debian stable from [3]. The backport does not
support the DSA application personality because it requires a newer
compiler than the one available in Debian stable.

- reto

[1] - http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/polyorb.html
[2] - http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
[3] - http://www.codelabs.ch

* Re: ANNOUNCE: PolyORB available in Debian
@ 2010-02-18 10:09 ` Alex R. Mosteo
From: Alex R. Mosteo @ 2010-02-18 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Reto Buerki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm proud to announce that the PolyORB middleware library has been
> accepted in the Debian testing distribution and will be part of the next
> Debian stable release "Squeeze" [1].

Sounds great! Looking forward to playing with it.

.