From: Joe Wisniewski <wisniew@acm.org>
Subject: Re: adahome consultant index
Date: 1999/09/28
Date: 1999-09-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Well, judging from the first 2 responses (including yours), I guess
that the list is more less not being maintained.

If it were totally free, then it could turn into nothing more
than a resume' farm, which may or may be the intent, and may or may
not be a bad thing.

I personally
would like to see some distinction made between "consultants" who
are "contractors" and "consultants" who supply potentially not only
their own technical services, but who due to a lack of better
phraesology, are equipped to bid off a "chunk o work" and supply
comprehensive management of said work. But this may be too much
to ask of such a site. But then again, a link to a web-site could
generate that distinction.

I just think that it is great that someone is willing to get involved
and recognizes this need.

Joe

In article <7spb2s$31os$1@news.gate.net>,
  "David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote:
> Is this a needed resource for the Ada community?
>
> If I added it to AdaPower, would this be "stepping" on the toes of
AdaHome
> in particular since I see no reason to not extend my free policy to
such a
> resource?
>
> I have tried to avoid duplicating efforts on AdaHome such as the Ada
FAQs
> and other resources found there. I sent off a message many months ago,
that
> I never received a reponce to, asking to take over maintenance of the
Ada
> FAQ, but never heard back.
>
> What are the feelings on my adding such resources to AdaPower?
>
> David Botton
>
> Pat Rogers wrote in message ...
> >Joe Wisniewski <wisniew@acm.org> wrote in message
> >> I was just curious whether www.adahome.com/Market/condex is getting
> >> "enough" action for those that have paid for the spot. I'm curious
> >> because I see that, if the "last updated" date is accurate, then
> >> the page has not been updated in about a year and a half, which may
> >> or may not be meaningful.
> >>
> >> Just curious about the volume of hits AND whether those involved
> >> feel it is a good investment.
> >
> >Many, many months ago I sent the necessary check to Magnus to sign up
> >for that.  Nothing ever happened and I got no reply from Magnus about
> >whether the list (or the site, for that matter) is active.  So it
looks
> >like those that signed up initially got a great deal (since I doubt
> >they've had to pay since)!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.