* capturing parallel port interrupt?
@ 1999-09-08  0:00 Josh Highley
From: Josh Highley @ 1999-09-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  I've searched deja.com, the GNAT manual, and the ARM but I can't seem to
figure this out.  I'm using Jerry van Dijk's io_ports package to control the
pins of the parallel port.  I'd like to attach an interrupt to pin 10 (ACK).
I tried Jerry's DOS_interrupts package but it's for GNAT 3.10 and the link
failed.  I also looked through the ada.interrupts package but I'm not sure
how to go about finding the system ID for the parallel interrupt.  Any code,
explanations or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh
joshhighley@hotmail.com

* Re: capturing parallel port interrupt?
@ 1999-09-09  0:00 ` Tarjei Jensen
From: Tarjei Jensen @ 1999-09-09  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josh Highley wrote :
>  I've searched deja.com, the GNAT manual, and the ARM but I can't seem to
>figure this out.  I'm using Jerry van Dijk's io_ports package to control the
>pins of the parallel port.  I'd like to attach an interrupt to pin 10 (ACK).
>I tried Jerry's DOS_interrupts package but it's for GNAT 3.10 and the link
>failed.  I also looked through the ada.interrupts package but I'm not sure
>how to go about finding the system ID for the parallel interrupt.  Any code,
>explanations or links would be greatly appreciated.

It might be that you will have to read up on the PC architecture. I would not
be surprised if you have to twiddle the bits by hand.

The bit twiddling includes finding out how to enable interrupts on the system
interrupt controller and how to massage the parallell port hardware to generate
the required interrupt.

Perhaps the PC Hardware Bible (or a functional equivalent) includes enough
information to do the job.

Greetings,