From: dkristol@see-my.sig (David Kristola)
Subject: Re: Engineering types hierarchy
Date: 1999/09/09
Date: 1999-09-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article 5E2E5F73@pwfl.com, Marin David Condic <condicma@bogon.pwfl.com> () writes:
>This sounds like a very worth while project and I wanted to suggest that
>you look into the Ada Standard Component Library Working Group
>(http://www.suffix.com/Ada/SCL/) as both a source of
>information/inspiration and as a place you may care to share your work.

I took a look at the above site and did not see anything
that seemed useful.  There are plenty of ADTs there, but
i did not even see anything along the lines of Pat Rogers'
"dimensioned units"
(http://www.classwide.com/products/freecode.htm).

As for sharing whatever we settle on, i would love to,
but all source code developed here gets stamped
"proprietary" and is usually even kept from other
in-house projects.  :-(

>Someone sent me some useful unit conversions you may want to consider
>:-))
>
>2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds
>1/2 lavatory = 1 demijohn
>2.71828 grams if a turd = 1 natural log
>1000 grams of wet socks = 1 litre hossen
>1 trillion grams of brown marijuana = 1 terracotta pot
>2 wharves = 1 paradox

Thanks!  I might just add these in somewhere and
see if the QA folks actually read the source code
under review!

--djk, keeper of arcane lore & trivial fluff
Home: David95037 at aol dot com
Spam: goto.hades@welovespam.com