* Tasking Error Causing SIGILL
@ 1999-09-05  0:00 Dennis Miller
From: Dennis Miller @ 1999-09-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a task type that acts as a semaphore for a buffer list.  The
entry points for the task are Start, Seize, Release, and Stop.  The task
body looks something like this:

   task body Semaphore
      Boolean busy;
      Boolean complete;
   begin
      accept Start
         select
            when not Busy =>
               accept Seize do
                 busy = true;

         or accept Release
            busy = false;

         or when not Busy =>
               accept Stop do
                 complete = true;
         end select;

     -- CAN'T REMEMBER THE LINE OF CODE THAT GOES HERE

   end Semaphore;

My code is compiled on Solaris 7 using the VADS 6.2.3c compiler and AXI
Bindings from ATC (version 3.2).

My problem is I get a SIGILL error when I try to clear the buffer.
Could this problem be caused because a task called Seize, Release, or
Stop before Start has been called?  When I checked the tasks running, I
have two suspended at select and two more suspended at fast select
(sorry...I'm at home and I was writing this at work).

--Dennis-

* Re: Tasking Error Causing SIGILL
@ 1999-09-05  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1999-09-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <37D1D790.EDD57617@home.com> @home.com writes:

>I have a task type that acts as a semaphore for a buffer list.  The
>entry points for the task are Start, Seize, Release, and Stop.  The task
>body looks something like this:

<snip>

>My code is compiled on Solaris 7 using the VADS 6.2.3c compiler and AXI
>Bindings from ATC (version 3.2).

If VADS 6.2.3c is an Ada compiler (instead of Ada83), why not use a
protected type ? For more efficient.

--
--  Jerry van Dijk  | email: jdijk@acm.org
--  Team-Ada        | www:   stad.dsl.nl/~jvandyk

* Re: Tasking Error Causing SIGILL
@ 1999-09-07  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-09-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <936545307.1snx@jvdsys.stuyts.nl>,
  jerry@jvdsys.stuyts.nl wrote:

> If VADS 6.2.3c is an Ada compiler (instead of Ada83), why not use a

Its not. VADS is Ada83 only.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/