* Re: Run Ada ActiveX objects in your browser
@ 1999-09-06  0:00 ` bill
From: bill @ 1999-09-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

I get error

"javascript error. type javascript into location for details"

this is using Netscape browser from Linux and  also Solaris.

If your example can only work from IE, then that is too limiting.

bill

* Run Ada ActiveX objects in your browser
@ 1999-09-06  0:00 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Today I added an example on how to implement a dual interface to the COM
page http://www.adapower.com/com

Dual interfaces allow scripting languages to call your interfaces using late
binding through the IDispatch interface. It is Microsoft's recomendation
that all interfaces be dual unless they are intended never to be used by any
scripting language. (ex. JScript, VBScript, etc).

In fact, how would you like to run some Ada Code from your browser?

Set your Internet Explorer Security Setting to Low (The ActiveX objects is
not signed) and then go to http://www.adapower.com/com/beep.html and give it
a try! (about 60k for the object download)

David Botton

* Re: Run Ada ActiveX objects in your browser
@ 1999-09-07  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-09-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, I should have made it more aparent, it only works on IE on the x86
platform.

To write cross platform web based Ada programs, AppleteMagic, OA, or JGNAT
are your best options with output to the JVM.

David Botton