From: Jeffrey Carter <spam@spam.com>
Subject: Re: Main subprogram at library level
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:21:07 GMT
Date: 2004-03-03T01:21:07+00:00	[thread overview]

Randy Brukardt wrote:

> AI-344 proposes to remove the restriction altogether. Certainly a better
> idea than eliminating it in one weird place...

Eliminating it altogether, if possible, would be nice. I was coming from
the position that the restriction is necessary. If it's not necessary,
why do we have it?

However, I'm not sure that that the main subprogram's declarative region
is really such a weird place. Lots of people, including some with Ada
experience and knowledge of the restriction, assume that the main
subprogram is at library level (until their compiler tells them
otherwise and they post a message here asking why).

> (But I don't know what will happen with that AI - it has not been discussed
> much to date.)

I hope that changes.

--
Jeff Carter
"I spun around, and there I was, face to face with a