From: Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com>
Subject: Re: GOTO in ADA
Date: 1999/08/22
Date: 1999-08-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <37BC2E9E.4D4EF69C@decada.zko.dec.com>,
  "Michael F. Yoder" <yoder@decada.zko.dec.com> wrote:
> If you are writing a dialog which asks many questions, and
want to
> re-ask one (e.g. because of an error), "goto Ask_Password;" is
IMO
> clearer than writing "loop... exit when Password_OK; end
loop;" or
> whatever.  This is particularly so in cases where a
straightforward use
> of loops would make them overlap, for example when the flow of
control
> looks like this:

And now those who have not killed this thread (I am not among
their number, it's certainly in my kill file now) will have to
hope that this does not lead to yet another of those off-topic
long and boring rants and raves about when gotos are or are
not justified :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/