From: "Thierry Lelegard" <lelegard@club-internet.fr>
Subject: Re: Wide_String, Chinese & Japanese text files
Date: 1999/08/21
Date: 1999-08-21T16:08:15+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello Mr Dewar,

> You really need to familiarize yourself with the relevant
> ISO standard, and with Unicode, yes, of course 16-bits
> are required (in fact for full Chinese support, 32-bits
> are required, Unicode supports only a subset of Chinese).

Yes, I know I need to familiarize myself with this, this is
precisely why I posted this note: in order to get some
information or pointers to this information.

Does anyone have some pointers to these standards and to some
simple free text utilities which can create a few sample
text files with a US or European keyboard on UNIX (for
test purpose, not production of course).

> In the case of GNAT, especially for a Japanese environment we
> can give a lot of help to GNAT Professional users, since our

Concerning the GNAT library, I will continue this topic
through the commercial channel with ACT.

-Thierry
Thierry Lelegard, Paris, France
E-mail: lelegard@club-internet.fr