* Announce: OpenToken 1.2
@ 1999-08-17  0:00 Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-08-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

OpenToken version 1.2 is now available. OpenToken is a series of open
source Ada packages that allow simple creation of token analyzers (aka:
lexical analyzers) in straight inline Ada code. No precompilation step
is required, and there is no arcane error-prone regular expression
language to learn. Version 1.2 is now available on the OpenToken
homepage at
http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/OpenToken/OpenToken.html

Version 1.2 contains the long-awaited string recognizer package. It also
contains several submissions from Christoph Grein. In fact, Chris
submitted so much material for this release, that I have dubbed this the
"Christoph Grein" release. He has generously contributed lexers for Ada
and Java, along with about 7 recognizers that he needed in their
implementation and numerous bug fixes and enchancements to the existing
recognizers.

I haven't had occasion to use the Ada and Java lexical analyzers myself
yet. But from looking over the code they appear to be fairly complete. I
would think the Ada analyzer could be a useful alternative for
lightweight analysis of Ada source code in environments where ASIS is
not available.

As Java doesn't have anything like ASIS (that I am aware of, anyway),
the Java analyzer could be even more useful in its domain. A true Java
fan would probably prefer a Java solution to an Ada one. But as this
facility is now in OpenToken, I thought I should at least publicise its
availability.

Finally, AdaPower has generously provided a web-based forum for
OpenToken discussions at http://www.adapower.com/lab/token/chat.html .
If you have questions or things you want to say about OpenToken, this is
the most appropriate place. I will merrily respond to OpenToken queries
via email or usenet, but things posted on the chat are available for
comment from other OpenToken users, and are available for perusal by
anyone who may have a similar issue or concern later. Hanging out
there will also give you more of a chance to influence future design, as
I often post my current ideas and activites there. Additionally, I post
notice of releases there first. As its a very low traffic site, I
suggest interested parties subscribe themselves to get email
notification of new posts.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Announce: OpenToken 1.2
@ 1999-08-18  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-08-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7pc0q6$5gq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com> wrote:
> OpenToken version 1.2 is now available. OpenToken is a series of open
> source Ada packages that allow simple creation of token analyzers
(aka:

Due to an omitted recognizer version 1.2.1 is now up on the website. See
later post for more info.