From: dkristol@see-my.sig (David Kristola)
Subject: Re: Any other Ada MUD projects out there?
Date: 1999/08/10
Date: 1999-08-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article B1731F14@averstar.com, Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com> () writes:
>We built an Object-oriented MUD ("MOO") interpreter in Ada.
>It understands the "LambdaMOO" dialect.  The work on the
>interpreter has been dormant for the past year or so, but
>we still run the interpreter regularly.  It was compiled with
>GNAT, and takes advantage of the GCC-generated debug information
>to integrate with the "Texas" Object-Oriented Database (OODB) via
>an Ada binding to ODMG-93.
>
>If you are interested, we could look into making some
>or all of it available, perhaps via some kind of Open Source
>arrangement.
>
>--
>-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
>Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)
>AverStar (formerly Intermetrics, Inc.)   Burlington, MA  USA

Thank you!

I am not sure i will be interested in running it, but
i would love to have a look at the code.  Maybe after
seeing it, i will fall in love with the basic design
and go from there.

If it was open source, or had some form of public
license, maybe we could place a copy in a lab area
on AdaPower.  I have always felt that games were
a good learning tool for new programmers, and code
examples are a good place to start.

--djk, keeper of arcane lore & trivial fluff
Home: David95037 at aol dot com
Spam: goto.hades@welovespam.com