From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
Subject: Re: Using the WINAPI forbidden ?
Date: 1999/08/09
Date: 1999-08-09T14:51:36+00:00	[thread overview]

The copyright is not on the API call (although who knows what MS would argue
in court), but rather on the binding. It perhaps might be argued that any
binding is a derived work of the MS SDK, so who knows.....

In the mean time, take a look a these projects at
http://www.adapower.com/windows:
   The AdaWin thin binding
   Windex thick Win32 binding
   Claw thick Win32 binding
   Aonix's Win32 binding / GUI Builder objects

for alternatives if you feel you need one.

If you have been programing for any length of time and ever purchased any
Win32 product with the SDK (just about all Win32 programming tools), you are
probably (legal term for should be) covered.

David Botton