* joystick or gamepad package?
@ 1999-08-04  0:00 Josh Highley
From: Josh Highley @ 1999-08-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of an Ada package for using a joystick or gamepad?

I have a joystick FAQ that says a person can read bits from 210h for
joystick info, but it also says the infomation fluctuates and can be very
inconsistent from one read to the next.

Thanks,

Josh Highley
joshhighley@hotmail.com

* Re: joystick or gamepad package?
@ 1999-08-05  0:00 ` jboulais
From: jboulais @ 1999-08-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7oaud4$ai8$1@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>,
  "Josh Highley" <joshhighley@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an Ada package for using a joystick or gamepad?
>
> I have a joystick FAQ that says a person can read bits from 210h for
> joystick info, but it also says the infomation fluctuates and can be
very
> inconsistent from one read to the next.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh Highley
> joshhighley@hotmail.com

There are Win32 services available for easily interfacing with a
joystick or gamepad (in win32.mmsystem.ads).  I wrote extra bindings to
cover stuff that's not in the level 3 bindings.  If you want more info,
email me at jboulais@my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Joystick or gamepad package?
@ 1999-08-10  0:00 Josh Highley
From: Josh Highley @ 1999-08-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of an Ada package for using a joystick or gamepad?

I haven't done much Win32 programming and I wasn't able to get the win32
services working.  A short code snipet using the joystick procedures in
"win32.mmsystem.ads" would probably get me going.  At this point, all I need
to know is how to read the position of the stick -- not the buttons.

@ 1999-08-11  0:00 ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 1999-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Josh Highley wrote:

> Does anyone know of an Ada package for using a joystick or gamepad?
>
> I haven't done much Win32 programming and I wasn't able to get the win32
> services working.  A short code snipet using the joystick procedures in
> "win32.mmsystem.ads" would probably get me going.  At this point, all I need
> to know is how to read the position of the stick -- not the buttons.

You can use joyGetPos, which fills JOYINFO structure in.

I do not know which Win32 bindings you use, but it should be no problem
to call this function directly from winmm.lib.

Regards,
Dmitry

* Re: Joystick or gamepad package?
@ 1999-08-15  0:00   ` Josh Highley
From: Josh Highley @ 1999-08-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I do not know which Win32 bindings you use, but it should be no problem
> to call this function directly from winmm.lib.

How could I forget something like that?  I'm using the Win32 services
included with Gnat 3.11 and AdaGIDE 6.21

Josh
joshhighley@hotmail.com