* Looking for validating tests
@ 1999-08-04  0:00 aurelien_ratti
From: aurelien_ratti @ 1999-08-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

I am looking for the tests which are used to validate Ada compilers.
Does anybody know where I can download them on the Web ?

	Thank you (and sorry for my english ...)

	Aurelien

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Looking for validating tests
@ 1999-08-04  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-08-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7o9oig$j2u$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  aurelien_ratti@my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I am looking for the tests which are used to validate Ada
compilers.
> Does anybody know where I can download them on the Web ?

I recommend you contact your vendor, that will save you time,
since the tests typically have to be tailored for particular
platforms (e.g. size of Integer) and your vendor may be able
to supply you with the tailored tests.

@ 1999-08-06  0:00   ` aurelien_ratti
From: aurelien_ratti @ 1999-08-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7o9upm$o12$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <7o9oig$j2u$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   aurelien_ratti@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > I am looking for the tests which are used to validate Ada
> compilers.
> > Does anybody know where I can download them on the Web ?
>
> I recommend you contact your vendor, that will save you time,
> since the tests typically have to be tailored for particular
> platforms (e.g. size of Integer) and your vendor may be able
> to supply you with the tailored tests.

The compilator I want to validate is a modified GNAT 3.11, which run on
a PC with Linux RedHat 5. The only contact I know is the site of NYU
where I have dowmloaded the sources of the original compiler, and the
Ada Core Technologies. I haven't found these tests on their web site.

So who should I Contact ?

@ 1999-08-06  0:00     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-08-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7oec7e$tme$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  aurelien_ratti@my-deja.com wrote:
> The compilator I want to validate is a modified GNAT 3.11,
> which run on a PC with Linux RedHat 5. The only contact I know
> is the site of NYU where I have dowmloaded the sources of the
> original compiler, and the Ada Core Technologies. I haven't
> found these tests on their web site.
>
> So who should I Contact ?

If you really mean you want to validate the compiler, then you
need to do a lot more than just run the tests. You should
contact the Ada Resource Association for details on how to
arrange for a validation (the typical cost of such a validation
is in the $10,000 range, that does not count the work you have
to do in setting up for the validation, which can be very
considerable).

If you meant to say that you just want to run the validation
tests, then that is a very different matter. As in my previous
note, you should contact the vendor, in this case Ada Core
Technologies. Normally this is something we would only provide
to our customers, but please send mail to sales@gnat.com
describing exactly what you are doing and what you need and
perhaps we can do something for you.

You can of course always get the tests from the Ada IC site
in the usual manner. You will need to do the macro substitutions
yourself if you follow that route.

Robert Dewar
Ada Core Technologies

@ 1999-08-06  0:00 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 1999-08-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

aurelien_ratti@my-deja.com writes:

> I am looking for the tests which are used to validate Ada compilers.

Start at http://www.ocsystems.com/~acats, and rummage around until you
find the ACATS (Ada Conformity Assessment Test Suite), formerly known as
ACVC (Ada Compiler Validatation Capability).

- Bob
--
Change robert to bob to get my real email address.  Sorry.