From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Mutation Test Tools
Date: 1999/08/03
Date: 1999-08-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <37A5E860.CB40F8E3@acm.org>,
  "Wajdi H. Al-Jedaibi" <wajdi@acm.org> wrote:
> Here is the link to Mothra
> http://www.ise.gmu.edu/faculty/ofut/rsrch/mut.html
> Assuming that you have fortran code, mothra will generate a list of
valid
> changes to create mutants of the original source code. In my
experiment, I
> am only interested in creating mutants of the guard conditions of each
task.

> I am looking for an Ada testing that would generate the mutants
directly

Very interesting. Since this is an issue where the code needs to be
processed in its source form, you don't have many options. From the Ada
paper I read there, it appears that a Fortran tool like Mothra would not
be sufficient for Ada source code in the general case.

Since Mothra made it as a graduate project, I suspect something similar
for Ada (Gamera?) would also be a good graduate project for someone.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/