* GDB Diff patches.
@ 2001-09-17 21:59 Clueless
From: Clueless @ 2001-09-17 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

The latest GNAT diff patch for GDB that I can find is for GDB version
4.17, yet they expect to be releasing version 5.1 real soon now.  Is
someone already working on a patch for 5.0 or 5.1? Maybe I should take a
whack at it?

Also...the documentation for 4.17 doesnt say specifically which files I'm
supposed to patch.  Anyone know?

Laters.

Mr. Clueless chris@dont.spam.me

* Re: GDB Diff patches.
@ 2001-09-18 14:04 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2001-09-18 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Clueless" <chris@dont.spam.me> writes:

> The latest GNAT diff patch for GDB that I can find is for GDB version
> 4.17, yet they expect to be releasing version 5.1 real soon now.  Is
> someone already working on a patch for 5.0 or 5.1? Maybe I should take a
> whack at it?

This I cannot answer.

> Also...the documentation for 4.17 doesnt say specifically which
> files I'm supposed to patch. Anyone know?

The diff file contains patches for multiple files; the format of the
diff file include the names of the files. It's an ASCII file, try
reading it! Normally, you do:

cd gdb_dir
patch -P0 < foo.diff

where gdb_dir is the top level directory of the gdb distribution, and
foo.diff is the diff file you are applying.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: GDB Diff patches.
@ 2001-09-18 19:04   ` Simon Wright