From: "David Botton" <David@Botton.com>
Subject: Re: Writing Book, Need Ada Ammunition
Date: 1999/07/26
Date: 1999-07-26T04:33:03+00:00	[thread overview]

Tucker Taft wrote in message <3798F299.25A647E9@averstar.com>...

>Ada is doing just fine.  It doesn't have a hype engine.

But it needs one.

Is the Ada Resource Association (ARA) an working entity?

I didn't see any contacts on the web pages.

I don't know if you have tried or read up on the automatic COM binding
generator I wrote. (http://www.adapower.com/com) Even though NT may not be
the "key" market for Ada, there are few developers who do not keep tabs on
where NT is going. I am not a professional writer, so I was looking to
contact them for assistance to write some articles / PR stories for Ada and
COM.

Before I get flamed by Linux folk for not dedicating my time to the "REAL"
OS instead (yes, I have received some interesting e-mails), Microsoft puts a
whole lot of money in to pushing ActiveX and other COM technologies. Think
about the benefits to Ada if even one article gets picked up by one of the
many Microsoft Journals or other MS PR machine.

David Botton

PS. My personal OS choice is FreeBSD, not NT or Linux.