* makin a GUI w/ Ada 95?
@ 1999-11-17  0:00 pat
From: pat @ 1999-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

anyone have any experience with creating a GUI with gnat?
are there any ada GUI packages out there that someone can point me to?

best,
pat

* Re: makin a GUI w/ Ada 95?
@ 1999-11-17  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>anyone have any experience with creating a GUI with gnat?
>are there any ada GUI packages out there that someone can point me to?
  Have you tried what comes with GNAT?  If you are using Windows,
I'll immodestly suggest you look at CLAW and the associated GUI
builder (www.rrsoftware.com).  You may also want to go back a few
weeks and look at other messages on the topic in this thread, and
you might want to look at some of the links on www.adapower.com

* RE: makin a GUI w/ Ada 95?
@ 1999-11-17  0:00 Wilhelm Spickermann
From: Wilhelm Spickermann @ 1999-11-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 414 bytes --]

On 17-Nov-99 pat wrote:
> anyone have any experience with creating a GUI with gnat?
> are there any ada GUI packages out there that someone can point me
> to?
>
> best,
> pat

Try GtkAda. I�ve made some programs using it and they can be
transferred from Linux to Windows without any change.

The home page is: http://gtkada.eu.org/

Rpms for GNAT are available at: http://www.gnuada.org/alt.html

Wilhelm

* Re: makin a GUI w/ Ada 95?
@ 1999-11-24  0:00 ` carlislemc
From: carlislemc @ 1999-11-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <80sidj$8uc$1@ra.nrl.navy.mil>,
  dandenault@tip.nrl.navy.mil wrote:
> anyone have any experience with creating a GUI
with gnat?
> are there any ada GUI packages out there that
someone can point me to?

You might also consider RAPID, and Ada GUI builder
that has Tcl/Tk, JVM (and coming soon Gtk)
implementations.

See
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/usafa/rap
id/index.html for more info.

--Martin

Martin C. Carlisle
Asst Prof., US Air Force Academy
This message represents the author's opinions, and
not necessarily those of the US Air Force Academy
or the US Air Force.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.