* Regd, Future of Ada...
@ 1999-07-14  0:00 dineshr
From: dineshr @ 1999-07-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,
   I am a s/w engg. from India. I would like to know whats the future of
Ada lang. and please help me out in deciding, whether can i continue in
the line.
   thanking U in advance. awaiting Ur reply ASAP.

regards
Dinesh

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Regd, Future of Ada...
@ 1999-07-14  0:00 ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 1999-07-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dineshr@technologist.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>    I am a s/w engg. from India. I would like to know whats the future of
> Ada lang. and please help me out in deciding, whether can i continue in
> the line.
>    thanking U in advance. awaiting Ur reply ASAP.

Inevitably, the future of Ada (or anything else) is that which we make
it. We can either float on the tide like so much flotsam and let the
current drive us about, or we can take charge of the situation and make
of it what we will. There is sufficient Ada infrastructure about to
insure that Ada will survive and prosper for some time to come, but if
it is going to become a major force it will do so because we have
decided to make it so.

Learn Ada because it is worth learning. Use Ada in all the applications
where you have a choice and it makes sense because it is worth using.
Push Ada for its technical merits as the choice for new system
development because it brings about project benefits. Teach Ada to your
peers because it will make them better software engineers. Contribute
useful source code & tools to the various repositories because bountiful
freeware will increase usage and increased usage helps your own
development.

Or maybe we should adopt the slogan: "Just Do It!" ;-)

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Real Time & Embedded Systems, Propulsion Systems Analysis

Visit my web page at: http://www.mcondic.com/

* Re: Regd, Future of Ada...
@ 1999-07-14  0:00 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-07-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

The future is bright and there is continued increasing interest in using the
language and an expanding set of tools and compilers.

David Botton
http://www.adapower.com