From: "James S. Rogers" <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Why no Ada at Embedded Systems Conference?
Date: 1999/07/13
Date: 1999-07-14T02:41:25+00:00	[thread overview]

Mike Silva wrote in message <7mg2n9$kbd$1@its.hooked.net>...
>I was just looking through the ESC program and couldn't find any Ada
classes
>or presentations.  I did see a few vendors I recognized.  It strikes me as
>Very Bad Thing that Ada is invisible here.  Comments?

Last year's ESC had one Ada presentation. The presentation was the very
last presentation of the conference. Most people had left before the talk
even began. The talk was attended by about 15 people.

I recommended more Ada presentations on my comment card. It is clear that
my opinion means nothing to the ESC organizers.

By the way, the presentation was a very interesting talk on the Ravenscar
profile. (Using Ada 95 in high reliability real time systems). I believe the
text of the presentation is available at the Aonix web site.

http://www.aonix.com

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado