* homograph - defn
@ 1999-06-29  0:00 dommo1234
From: dommo1234 @ 1999-06-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Simple question - can someone please define exactly what is meant by the
term 'homograph' in Ada95, as I can't fins a clear definition.

Thanks.
Dom.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: homograph - defn
@ 1999-06-29  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1999-06-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7lagkd$fem$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  dommo1234@my-deja.com wrote:
> Simple question - can someone please define exactly what is meant by
the
> term 'homograph' in Ada95, as I can't fins a clear definition.

Well, the authors of the LRM can. See 8.3(8) (online at
http://www.adahome.com/rm95/rm9x-08-03.html#8 ).

--
T.E.D.

@ 1999-06-29  0:00 ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1999-06-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dommo1234@my-deja.com wrote in message <7lagkd$fem$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>Simple question - can someone please define exactly what is meant by the
>term 'homograph' in Ada95, as I can't fins a clear definition.

From RM 8.3 (8)
Two declarations are homographs if they have the same defining name,
and, if both are overloadable, their profiles are type conformant.
An inner declaration hides any outer homograph from direct visibility.

This was found by looking up "homograph" in the index of the RM.

Don't they teach how to look things up anymore?

* Re: homograph - defn
@ 1999-06-30  0:00   ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-06-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7lalg0$ng3@hobbes.crc.com>,
  "David C. Hoos, Sr." <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> wrote:
> Don't they teach how to look things up anymore?

Why should people bother if David Hoos will do your looking
up for you :-)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/