* Advanced Ada programming
@ 1999-06-28  0:00 bob
From: bob @ 1999-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hello all, I am just wondering how you get started and learn
how to do all this stuff that is talked about in here. A while back ,
someone told me to start small, like a simple solitare game or
something like that, but I have no clue where to start! Any
suggestions? I think I can take care of the coding behind the game, it
is just the graphics that I am totally lost at. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Jarrod Ross
rossjar@db.erau.edu

* Re: Advanced Ada programming
@ 1999-06-28  0:00 ` Robert B. Love
From: Robert B. Love  @ 1999-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <3776cd52.20216776@news.ptd.net> bob wrote:
> 	Hello all, I am just wondering how you get started and learn
> how to do all this stuff that is talked about in here. A while back ,
> someone told me to start small, like a simple solitare game or
> something like that, but I have no clue where to start! Any
> suggestions? I think I can take care of the coding behind the game, it
> is just the graphics that I am totally lost at. Any suggestions?

Why not start with a text based version of the game.  You can get
all the logic of the game laid out and tested.  Then graft a
graphical interface on top of what you've already crafted.

There are also some good tutorials to Ada programming available
on line.

 Bob Love
 rlove@neosoft.com

* Re: Advanced Ada programming
@ 1999-06-28  0:00 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>is just the graphics that I am totally lost at. Any suggestions?
  How to do graphics is highly system dependent.  I always find
it useful to look at examples.  Try Jerry van Dyk's (sp?)
code for SVGA under, I think, both DOS and Windows, or the
room.adb file in the Windows dining philosophers, for instance.
Look at www.adapower.com for links to these and other good things.