* Ada for Win?
@ 1999-06-18  0:00 ` Decker, Christian R
From: Decker, Christian R @ 1999-06-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes.  Gnat also has a version for the NT. The latest is 3.11.  It includes
libraries and bindings to the
 Win32 API if you want to write GUIs in Ada.  It also has OpenGL bindings
for graphics programs.
Check out SIG Ada for all the info on Ada that you will possibly need.
http://www.acm.org/sigada/

Good luck and happy coding.
Chris

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
 Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

* Re: Ada for Win?
@ 1999-06-18  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-06-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Is there a good free Compiler for
>a Win-System? Or a IDE, where I can use the standard Windows things like
>Windows, Buttons, Mouse and such?
  There is an embarrassment of riches.  For a compiler, get Gnat from
www.nyu.edu or the personal(?) version of ObjectAda from www.aonix.com
  For a binding, see www.adapower.com and select Windows to see some
of the many offerings.  The Windex site even has a comparison listing
some of the other Windows bindings.
  As a co-author of CLAW, I suggest you look at the TriAda paper and
the free demo version at www.rrsoftware.com  For the quickest intro to
its style, you might look at src.zip at http://members.aol.com/diners,
which has Mike Feldman's Dining Philosophers modified to run
graphically in Windows.

* Re: Ada for Win?
@ 1999-06-18  0:00   ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1999-06-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>you might look at src.zip at http://members.aol.com/diners,
>which has Mike Feldman's Dining Philosophers modified to run
>graphically in Windows.
Oops, that's http://members.aol.com/GMoran01/diners

* Ada for Win?
@ 1999-06-18  0:00 Denny
From: Denny @ 1999-06-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello there,

I was programming in Ada95 on the University and really got to like this
language. But there we had Unix-Systems with the lovely GNAT...

Now, at home I have a Win98-System and want to write little programs for
my friends, who all use Win95 or Win98. Is there a good free Compiler for
a Win-System? Or a IDE, where I can use the standard Windows things like
Windows, Buttons, Mouse and such?

I am either looking for an answer or for a pointer to some...

Thank you!

--
Denny Vrandecic, stud.inform.
vrandezo@tick.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de

* Re: Ada for Win?
@ 1999-06-20  0:00 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 1999-06-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Compilers:

GNAT
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/ada/compiler/gnat
(Full version and comes with IDE - AdaGIDE and works very well with emacs -
www.emacs.org also, comes with Win32 bindings and works well with COM/DCOM)

Limited edition OA
http://www.aonix.com/Products/CSDS/ada.download.html
(You need the pro version to do any serious Win32 programming)

Win32 and Ada information:

http://www.adapower.com/windows
(Sample code and  links to Win32 projects and information)

and Jerry's site:

http://stad.dsl.nl/%7Ejvandyk/
(Tools and projects)

David Botton